Decorative cabinet hardware, such as drawer pulls and handles, are an important part of the finishing touches in today’s kitchen design. Homeowners look to these elements to provide a striking compliment to the overall look of the space. In the area of functional cabinet hardware, the trend is toward integrated designs, such as soft close and touch open/close systems, as well as other products focused on Universal Design.
Here are some of the latest trends in cabinet hardware:
- Homeowners are favoring traditional and soft contemporary designs that offer clean lines and blend seamlessly into the décor.
- Popular finishes are stainless and brushed metal options, with darker and antique finishes gaining ground. Eye-catching textures are also desirable these days, adding unexpected interest to the overall design
- Custom shapes, finishes, textures and hand-detailed designs are still turning up in upscale kitchen remodeling projects.
- Trends in functional hardware find homeowners leaning toward full-extension drawers and self-closing mechanisms.
- Universal design, or aging-in-place design, is continuing to grow in popularity. Functional hardware supporting this methodology includes more integrated soft-close and open-touch systems, as well as glass doors in upper cabinetry.
The plethora of cabinet hardware choices can be daunting. Our designers at CaseIndy would be happy to help you wade through the options. Schedule a free consultation, or give us a call at 317-846-2600 for more information.