BASEMENT REMODEL: For these West-originating homeowners, this basement wasn’t quite feeling like home yet.
Location: Carmel, IN
Square Feet: 1800
- Reason to Remodel: This previously typical basement lacked the exciting and functional space the homeowners wished for, with the same Western finesse as they were accustomed to in their former hometown. Their basement needed to be more efficiently space-planned, while also adding some cozy finishing touches.
- The main goal was to create a magazine-worthy basement for entertaining with Western style. A large booth was crafted near the pool table as a built-in seating space for guest entertainment.
- A new bar with reclaimed wood and accent lighting added an additional area for the family and guests to socialize.
- The new stone fireplace with a mounted TV above, serves as a focal point at the end of the space.
- The separate workout space was finished to match the rest of the basement style.
- Finishing touches such as the sliding barn door, industrial light fixtures, and new cabinetry increased functionality.
- The rustic ceiling treatment, wood flooring, and painted trim finished the Western basement perfectly.
- The homeowners now have their own piece of Western paradise in the Midwest!