- Your garage door opener should be tested monthly to make sure it reverses when it detects an obstruction, and when there is an interruption of the sensor beam..
- At least once a year, take a vacuum to your clothes dryer exhaust duct. Plastic ducts are fire hazard. Replace them with rigid sheet-metal ducting for safety.
- Furnace filters should be replaced quarterly, or as recommended by your furnace manufacturer.
- Monthly, test all of your GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets by pressing the test button. Make sure the power is off first by using a voltage tester.
- Seasonally, remove leaves and debris from the condenser of your central air conditioning unit.
- Vacuum the under-mounted coils of your refrigerator once a year.
- Door and window caulking, as well as weather stripping, needs to be inspected yearly. Refill or replace as needed to protect the energy efficiency of your home.
- On a yearly basis, replace the batteries in smoke detectors. It is important to note that even the back up batteries in hard-wired smoke detectors must be replaced.
CASEIndy’s skilled craftsmen can make quick work of your “honey-do” list. Click here to schedule a free consultation, or give us a call at 317-846-2600. We are here to help.