On May 19th, 2017 our entire 45-member team had the opportunity to donate time and materials to local, deserving families through NeighborLink, a private, non-profit organization that helps low-income seniors and homeowners with disabilities in Marion County with free home repairs and related services. Their mission…to allow seniors in need to stay in their own homes safely and with dignity. This specific service day, our team was able to assist nine local families in need. “It was so rewarding for our entire team to be able to help so many deserving residents in our community,” said Case Design/Remodeling Owner, Larry Greene.
Outlined below are the projects the team worked on.
- The Case Indianapolis Team in the Carmel, IN office.
- This homeowner had crumbling plaster ceilings and walls in several areas of the home, largely due to a previously leaking chimney. The team cut out the affected areas and hung new drywall. They left everything paint-ready.
- This homeowner previously had a leak in the chimney/fireplace that caused severe plaster damage as well as wood rot and damaged hardwood flooring. The Case team moved all the affected plaster and hardwood, re-framed a window header, added new framing to the rafter tails and walls, hung and finished drywall and new trim on the window, and patched in new hardwood flooring. The paint-ready finished product is solid, looks great, and the floor is no longer a trip hazard.
- This homeowner had citations from the city for unsightly peeling paint on the upper gables and soffit of his home. The Case team replaced a 30-foot section of gutter board, and scraped and painted three 2nd story gables and eaves. The home is no longer an eyesore from the road.
- This homeowner is a veteran who had multiple issues in his home. Our team installed new vinyl flooring in the bathroom and kitchen, removed the old carpet from the living room, patched weak areas in the flooring throughout, installed new carpet a bedroom and the living room, and added a bathroom sink where they previously did not have one. The homeowners were on the verge of tears when they saw the finished product.
- This homeowner had a hole in her bathroom floor that her daughter fell through a few weeks ago. The Case team removed the toilet, flooring and subflooring. They then installed new plywood sub floor, underlayment and vinyl tile and a new toilet. A hole in the back bedroom ceiling was also patched. The transformation in the bathroom was amazing!
- This homeowner had a sinking floor in her bathroom and kitchen. The team pulled out the old toilet, flooring and sub-flooring to make way for all new. They replaced the subfloor and installed new vinyl tiles, and a new toilet. They also built a custom platform to keep the refrigerator level, and at the homeowner’s request, installed a lattice screen on the porch railing.
- This homeowner lives alone, and could not enter her bathroom without shoes due to severe tile cracking. The team pulled the toilet and sink in order to remove all of the old tile and underlayment. They installed new underlayment and porcelain tile, replaced the bath fan with a working unit, patched the ceiling texture, caulked the tub, and corrected a leaking tub drain. The homeowner’s bathroom is now barefoot friendly!
- This homeowners’ back room had old fiber ceiling tiles. Half the ceiling had already collapsed and animals had destroyed the insulation. The team removed the remainder of the ceiling, installed new insulation, and hung drywall. The team textured the entire ceiling so no further work would be needed. They also decided on the spot to replace the collapsed stairs off the back of the porch.
- The team had the entire exterior of the home scraped and painted by lunchtime. After lunch they decided to go the extra mile and clean out all the gutters, as well as all of the shutters and garage door.
- The entire team is looking forward to donating more time in September!