This home on the west side of Carmel was built in 2002 in the Kingsborough subdivision. The homeowners were facing multiple home improvement priorities, and only had so much of their overall budget to spend on the kitchen. Therefore, our design focused on creating maximum impact at minimal cost. We accomplished this goal by incorporating existing elements creatively, and by focusing on several small details which, in combination, gave the kitchen a dramatic new look.
Cosmetic Upgrades: The new kitchen design centered on making minor modifications to the existing white thermofoil cabinets. Once those changes were made, new wood trim was installed and painted to blend into the existing cabinets. Once the base design was completed, we installed more cosmetic upgrades:
- Range Hood – The existing range hood included a recirculating microwave without venting to the exterior. The existing cabinet above the range was modified to allow for a new ventilation riser, ducting to the exterior, and a new vent hood.
- Island – The existing island was originally set on a diagonal, which the homeowners did not like. The island was moved to be set parallel to the sink, and new base moldings and bead board were applied.
- Double Ovens – The existing cabinet opening was modified to fit the new GE Profile stainless steel ovens.
- Desk Modification – The existing desk was raised and the knee space was filled with new matching base cabinets, providing more storage space.
- Refrigerator Area Modification – The upper cabinet was pulled forward, and a new refrigerator panel and fillers were added to accommodate the new counter depth refrigerator, giving it a more built in look.
- Pantry Area Modifications – The existing pantry closet was completely removed and two new 96” high matching pantry cabinets were installed, including five new roll-out trays.
- Microwave Cabinet Modifications – The microwave was moved from over the range to the island. This change required modifying the island cabinet to create room for a new microwave drawer by Sharp.
- Cabinet Moldings – Finally, the existing cabinet crown molding was replaced with new, taller crown molding and new light rail cabinet molding.
Incorporating our smart design with our skilled craftsmen can give you the kitchen you want at the price you can afford. Click here to schedule a FREE, no obligation, in-home consultation with one of our designers. Or give us a call at 317-846-2600.